I grew up in California’s beautiful San Joaquin Valley where I was lucky to be apart of many Quinceañeras in both my personal and professional life. The word “Quinceañera” describes the coming of age ritual where a young girl renews her baptismal promises and is presented to her community as a young lady.
A traditional Quinceañera is typically celebrated around the girl’s 15th birthday and is celebrated with a party and a mass, with the latter being of more spiritual value since it is the Quinceanera’s presentation before God and her community, and a promise to honor herself and her religion. If you would like to learn more about a “Quinceañera” here is a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincea%C3%B1era
During the Celebration it is a tradition for the father to dance with his daughter.
The Quinceanera waltz is one of the most special moments of your celebration and undoubtedly the most emotional moment for your guests. For this reason you must carefully choose which song best reflects this special moment.
The Quinceanera song you choose may be a song dedicated to you by your dad or vice versa, or even a song that symbolizes your coming into age.
The following is a list of popular Quinceanera waltz songs that are timeless as well as a couple of unconventional songs that are still appropriate for the occasion.
Quinceanera Waltz playlist
1. “De Niña a Mujer” by Julio Iglesias
2. “My Girl” by The Temptations
3. “Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler
4. “Butterfly Kisses” by Bob Carlisle
5. “I Hope You Dance” by Lee Ann Womack
6. “Tiempo De Vals” by Chayanne
7. “This I Promise You” by *NSYNC
8. “I Cross My Heart” by George Strait
9. “Danubio Azul” by Mariachi Nuevo Tecalitlán
10. “My Little Girl” by Tim McGraw
11. “El Privilegio De Amar” by Lucero & Manuel Mijares
12. “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole
13. “El Vals De Las Mariposas” by Jose Guardiola
14. “You’ll Be in My Heart” by Phil Collins
15. “Dance with My Father” by Céline Dion
16. “Mi Viejo” by Vicente Fernández
17. “My Baby You” by Marc Anthony
Have a great event.